choose love

Life is funny.

Sometimes it is so hard to remember that we are here for such a short time. Things we worry about really look stupid when compared to real hurt and drama...

Some people yell at baseball games. They think that the players will get mad or reved up or I don't know..hit harder. Some people think it's funny to repeat obscenities when yer drunk and children are around. Some people think that posting a photo of a triangle canopy one put up on one's house to keep the 100 degree sun off one's son when he plays catch apparently causes distress for the other neighbors of the hood and takes photos and sends them to the neighborhood assssssociation because it wasn't an approved addition. It is cloth. Maybe one thought cloth didn't count as an approved addition. Yeah. People are funny. I try to dodge drama when I can. I am 45. ( I almost pressed 35 and left it, but I am a bad liar)..(and you know me) (and would call me on it) There are so many situations that I can and would jump into to try to fix..but why? I mean really. You win. Victory. Yeah..good on ya. We took down the canopy. I did not yell back at the a hole who was yelling at the poor ump tonight. I did not fight the woman who had too much to drink at the ball game and let her mouth run wild. I thought about it..but several bigger women got to her quicker..despite their abundance. It might have had me featured on the sports section of the local news..but I thought I would save my minutes for something positive instead.

Saving my energy for something positive. I wish I could be more Buddha like and think think think before I spoke. Saving my words for something more positive. But negative and judgy is much more fun. Positive is so positive. Like "Up With People". They are not funny. They are clean, sober and bring a good message. Like..Carrie Underwood. They tried to make her angry and although she sold the hell out of that angry song type thing she sang, she is still kind of clean and squeaky. Can't help it. And that's OK. We need Up with Carrie. We need to believe that someone is truly like this..and no matter what is slung at her, she/they still sparkle. I for one..do have a bit of that side to me. Wisconsin. Pageants. Good family values. But my mouth. Oh my mouth. How I can ruin a Monday with one little line. Not everything is funny. Sometimes we learn the hard way how potent our words can be. Think think think before you speak...I tell myself. I read the positive affirmations for the day. I say prayers for a peace filled existence for all around me. I recycle. So one word or line can just crash everything you have built up and held up for days, weeks etc..and hurt your love like a sharp stick.

So..then you dig. Ya dig your way out of the hole that your one line dug. It's a slow dig. Not a very fun or productive one. You tread softly and back paddle and tip toe around the whole idea that you were to blame for the crappy thing that came out of your mouth and ruined summer. It doesn't matter that for 4 weeks it has been fun and frolicky and party and celebration. What matters is that one second..you lost faith in the Supreme Plan and let fear wash over you and let it brew, bubble and fly out..like a bottle of bad ketchup left out in the sun after a picnic. You just had to open it.

Words. Been thinking a lot of the power of the word. Seems as if in my traveling, cleaning, shopping and celebrating the last month or so, my written words took a back seat. Maybe they needed to come out somehow..not quite how I intended, but nonetheless..here we are.

So all is well for the night here on Country Squire Drive. We did not fight anyone at the ball
game. We did take down our eyesore canopy that actually added a bit of art to the street... We did mostly heal the stupid words that slipped out. We are back writing for another evening and it all feels good.

Life is so short. Don't yell at baseball games. Choose words that lift, build up and are graced with love. And never never be the president of the homeowners association.

2:19 am
July 25

Comments

  1. Word up! :p I've been eating a LOT of words lately! But I'm beginning to realize that words left unsaid can sometimes hurt a lot worse and I feel that maybe I'm better off letting them out this time. No matter what the initial reaction may be, what matters is the end result. But nonetheless, all is well for the night here on County Line Road...the weekend is almost here, football is just 16 days away (sadly, I admit, I do yell at football games), and the lovely miss Tina is blogging once again! :) Life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your last paragraph. I need to absolutely think about that and remember to be positive. Typically that is my nature, but recently I slipped. We only have one life and need to be happy and have fun with it! Thank you for the reminder!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. That happened to me recently too, Tina. Said something stupid without thinking and then I immediately felt so horrible about it. No sooner had the words left my lips and I realized what I had said. I fell all over myself apologizing. In the long run, I think it probably bothered me more than the person I said it to...it's good that we still care. Seems to me that too many people don't have a conscience these days. We're the lucky ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "How I can ruin a Monday with one little line." I. Love. That. I am an expert at that. I think I could ruin 6 Mondays in a row. But I have to think that on that 7th Monday I must rock the world - why else would everyone put up with me! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts