Dulcinea

Well apparently I have been on some type of vacation from my blog job. haha that's kind of funny..blog job. But seriously. Who told me to start winding down..write only a little and well..hell..why don't you just stop writing altogether? No one. I have discovered a direct correlation to my walking and writing. Stop walking consistently, stop talking to yourself, stop writing crazy things. No fittie in your jeans, no creative outlet, no blog to brag to the mirror about to when you finish. Friends kind of look away when I bring up writing. Like..there was such great promise in that youngster. Maybe another Harper Lee. OK, well maybe they didn't call me young or compare me to the writer of one of the greatest novels in American history, but it makes me feel good to think that maybe some friends wanted to kick my ars because I wasn't keeping my commitment to my craft. Kraft perhaps...but not my craft. Well maybe I wasn't exactly eating Kraft instead of writing all those nights that my husband was on the road, but I did have a relationship with a cheese. A Spanish diablo of a cheese. A queso diablo conundrum, if you will. I was introduced to Manchego cheese from Spain. We had a firey relationship, but I finally broke it off. It was becoming too consuming. It was taking me away from things and the people I loved. Finally, I had to let it go...and I staged an intervention. I shook myself and said..You are going downhill man. (man..woman..whatever). Look at yourself. You need therapy. You need to step away from the cheese. Put down the cheese. After a few days of the shakes.. I finally kicked it. I now can walk by the fridge without hearing voices. So see what I have been having to deal with? And you probably thought I was back on the Kate plus 8 kick.

I have missed you all and thank you for gently nudging me to get back to it. In fact, I have decided to make you the boss of me. You know..like when we were kids. " You're not the boss of me"..but I am making it that you are. From here on out, your title is Boss of Tina. I will get you a name tag. I will get you a thingy to put on your desk. I will get you a health plan. Wait. You are the boss, so you get ME a health plan. And a 401k. And dental. OK..now you can be the boss of me, because I need a teeth cleaning.

So whenever I let 2 weeks pass, you are to call me or email me, without worry that I will yell at you, and ever so nicely kick my behind to get on the computer and for the love of God, write. In fact, boss, did I used to write a blog once a week a while back? Did I get paid or was I just in love? Funny things we do for money and love. I think I used to write once a week at one point. And whatever it takes do NOT let me purchase another distraction. Slippery slope that delicious sheep's milk devil from the La Mancha region of Spain. No wonder I feel the need to quote Don Quixote. "Too much sanity is madness"..and too much cheese is.. I know. I'll stop.


Don Quixote: "Dost not see? A monstrous giant of infamous repute whom I intend to encounter."

Sancho Panza: It's a blog.

Don Quixote: A giant. Canst thou not see the scary blue border and the engulfing orange B?

Sancho Panza: A giant?

Don Quixote: Exactly.




See you next week.

Oct 7 2010 12:07 am

Comments

  1. Well just be glad you're not as bad as me. I have a project in the works called Daily Inspirations. I started a blog for it to get my creative writing juices flowing...I must be running on empty because for a while there I was blogging MAYBE once a month! Maybe I should change the name to Monthly Inspirations :p But lately, through a very painful experience, I have found the words to say and I've blogged more in the past week than I have in the past year! You never know what's going to inspire you to write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're back, Tina. And, it'll be nice to bet the boss of someone! Gotta go read your next two entries!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts