All that is Love

Everything is so edgy lately.  TV has to be so clever.  Food has to be weird.  Music..thank GOD we live in Texas.   I really do not get the whole Lady gag thing.  No mistake.  I really don't.  I'm all for art.  I will go to the contemporary museum and stare at the new installments..pehaps a large Fork or footsteps in marshmallow.  I kind of get the whole shock value of it all.  We get complacent as a society, so we need to shake things up.  Sure.  Fine.  But holy hell...c'mon..arriving in an egg? 

I didn't even see the Grammys this year.  We had a fabulous gig.  Surrounded by people listening and sharing a beautiful night.  They brought gorgeous food, their own beverages and paid to hear us play.  We were surrounded by love, abundance and spirit.  Many of the folks there didn't even know us.  They came because they trusted their hostess' word, that the night would be "magical".  I am not bragging about Walt and Bill Small and myself..we did add to the magic, indeed.  We sang from the depth of our beings.  It was important to us to leave the people with a meaningful evening.  We did our best to do so.  This is our gift...we do not take it lightly.  Neither did the people who came to the concert in the "Barn".  I put Barn in quotes, because this was a spectacular work of art as well.  Limestone and reclaimed wood.  Windows that blessed the people with the setting sun shining on their faces.  A garden to greet you when you walked in.  A fire pit waiting to be adored, once the temperature hit 68 degrees.  The food!  Oh the food was art.  Blackberries to dip in chocolate.  Tomatoes with basil, mozzerlla and balsamic vinegrette.  Banana bread that would make your grandma blush.  Asparagus with something wrapped around it..that looked like a thin slice of heaven.  The people brought art.  They looked beautiful too.  They dressed up for this house concert.  It was an event.  What an honor to sing for them. 

Then,  after driving home an hour and a half, I turned on the TV to wind down..and low and behold I stumble upon footage of this large egg being carried by 4 or five people..entering the award ceremony. 

  Makes me want to home school.  Makes me want to learn to live off the grid.  Makes me want to learn how to garden and build schools for orphans.  Makes me want to live in Mason, Texas, on 50 acres with Bill Worrell as our neighbor and have no TV.  I know Luke eventually would rebel against it.  I know he would leave as soon as he turned 18.  I know he would probably move to the very den of the soul-less to see what really happens in Hollywood.  I know also that he would come home to the Llano river, perhaps years later, and realize that "out there" is all just a big myth..What is real is LOVE and TRUTH and SPIRIT and GOD and LIGHT and ART and HOME GROWN TOMATOES and stepping into the river for the first time after the chill of a short winter, to walk across the rocks and listen to the water that has smoothed the very steps that Indians and Preachers and your mama and daddy stood and dreamed of a peaceful life.  That is what you will come home to. 

I saw the movie "Enchanted"  last night.  It came on for Valentine's Day on the Disney Network.  It was great.  I hope you all see it.  The soon- to- be princess fell through a deep hole from her cartoon life and landed in New York City, and became a real person.    She retained her innocence even though the city tried all it could to erode it.  I felt the movie was metaphysical in a sense.  How does one try to remain full of wonder and appreciation amidst the junk we have to endure on a daily basis?  Like Jersey Shore.  Or  Little Miss Perfect.  That is really hell on a stick.  But seriously.  How do we hold on to our spirits?  Some of you would recommend hot yoga.  I for one wouldn't.  Be in the World but not Of it?  Is that the quote?  How does one do that, without having to live in, let's say, Parumph?  Where Art Bell lives.  Or lived.  Is he still alive?  Either way, I do not want to live in a place that sounds like an insult. 

Well.  I just took a short break to re read my blog and play TV roulette.  I landed on a gem!!  It was a dream come true!  A Tarot card reader on Austin public access TV.  It was awesome.  I caught the last 20 minutes.  She had a southern..no a way southern accent, dressed up like a gypsy and had homemade cards.  She cussed at the camera man several times and gave 3 callers advice.  It took all I had not to call in.  I reallllllly wanted to ask her advice about something...but I didn't want to step away from the TV to look for my phone!    Maybe next week.  My mouth is still agape from some of her answers to the people who called in.  At one point she said  "You just have to keep the faith and shit like that".  priceless.  A woman musician called in and asked advice about how to go about getting involved with the Austin music communtity.  She said this.."Do you play and instrument? Do you have big titties?"  I am not kidding.  Then she read her cards and said everything was going to be alright..she just needs to get out and meet new people.   perfect.

I can not wait until next Tuesday night...10-11pm,   Austin Cable Access..channel 16.."Oracola" will answer my long awaited questions.  Maybe that is the answer within the answer.  Maybe that is what she would read in my cards.  That perhaps I need to lighten up more  and Be in the Humor but not of the Humor.  I do not know.  I will wait a week to find out.  In the meantime, let's celebrate all that is Love, Truth and the Great big messy Mystery of being here.  And cable.

Tuesday 2/15/2011

11:32 pm

still no spell check.

Comments

  1. <3 <3 <3

    That night was indeed magical! Truth be told, I had forgotten the Grammy's were even on that night until you mentioned it from the stage. All the glitz & glamour & craziness of the Grammys could NEVER compare to the REAL music that we have here in our small town (and the surrounding communities). I never tire of it! I plan to live here forever, if not for a career or family, then absolutely for the music! There's nothing like it anywhere else in the country! What a blessing to be a part of it, and especially to have been a part of that magical, "mystiquerical" night in "the barn" :) Best Mystiquero gig EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and speaking of mystic....

    Although I thoroughly enjoyed every last second of the night, at the end when yall got up with no plugs and no microphones and belted out Into the Mystic.....that was the most indescribable moment ever! True, beautiful, untouchable talent at its best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey pretty lady! Yes, I'm using your blog to say hi :) I feel so out of the loop without FB! Maybe it's not as bad as I thought to be addicted to it ;)

    Miss me some Wilkins's's'ssssss....I never understood how to pronounce the plural of last names that end in 's' (which is ironic since my own name does as well :p)

    Anyways, I just wanted to stop in and give you a shout out. Hope all is well. Give my love to the boys. Hope to see yall soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts