Dream Home

Don't faint.  It is really me.  2 blogs in 8 days.  Yup.  I owe you.  I am starting on my payment plan.  I am not sure what I will do for interest (two meanings there), but will do my best to keep you reading.

So.  So so so so so.  I was looking at 1.5 million dollar homes online, in Austin,  just a little bit ago.  Did you just do a spit- take?  I know.  1.5.  Not a random number that I just typed in.  I was watching HGTV and a home finder show was on.  They were looking for homes in Denver for a maximum of 1.5 mil.  Now, for some of us that is just a sweet drop in the bucket.  I am so happy for you.  Really.  All the folks that I know with fine, million dollar homes are quality, lovely people.  They have worked hard and do not let their wealth define them.  If it did, I am sure we would not be friends.  You would not hang out with me, unless of course I was some kind of an eccentric artist that you could invite to your parties.  I could either be a thousand-aire or a millionaire..and no one could tell.  So the lesson there is no matter where/who you are, act eccentric and you'll be in.  You are the in crowd.  As long as you do not live next to the high society, but can easily be invited to the party, it's all good.  But our millionaire friends are just as, well, nutty as the rest of us.   Comfortable in a honky-tonk as well as a fancy home owners association meeting.   Drinking cheap beer with the musicians, but nursing the hangover in a jacuzzi with a view,  rather than, lets say, a Toyota Sienna.  We love them.   Generous, kind and fun.  Hey.  That is just like our thousand-aire friends too.  Generous, kind and fun.  No difference. 

So this woman and man who were looking for the big house in Denver were quite a pair.  She bossed him around, insulted him on the air several times and was quite a ..well..a..bitch.  She was.  You would think so too.  She complained about the size of the office (one of 2 that were in the home), color of the built in cabinets,  about the size of the exercise room, complained about the road-noise (the house overlooked a beautiful meadow..and far far far off into the distance was a road).  She complained about the laundry room not having enough room to fold clothes.  She complained that the theatre was too confining. She even did a "huff" type sound when she was shown the wine cellar.   Holy hell.  If I could buy a home with a wine cellar, I would be like a cocker spaniel puppy..peeing all over the place.    She was a piece.  That poor husband.  She said 3 times.."He will like this closet because he has more clothes than me".  Just what a man wants his buddies down at the pub to hear.   Maybe he wanted a bigass house to be as far away from her as possible.  It was quite frankly a bit hard to watch.  Bit like Housewives of OC or Jersey Shore or Teenage Moms..sometimes you just can't turn the TV off.   

This is what I was thinking about while looking in Austin for our 1.5 million dollar home.  When that day comes.  (do we actually create our reality?  mmm.)  (let's try it)  So..here we go.  Our home somewhere in the hills of Austin or The Hill Country, Texas:

Here are our requirements:  (actually, Walt is playing a gig.  I will try to create his reality too)

1. A back yard big enough for a wiffle ball field.  With lights and a scoreboard.
2. A pool to cool off in after the big wiffle ball tournaments.
3. A guest house for our friends (like YOU) who come and visit.  In this house will be a bed as comfy as a finest hotel bed, with great sheets, 15 wonderful pillows and a mint.  Also a swirly-type staircase that leads you to a flat part of the roof with a telescope  to look at stars.  And a full cooler on the roof.  And a bathroom with a nice shower with 12 water conserving shower heads.   And a coffee maker..with Anderson's Coffee.   And slippers.  And a guitar. And books.  And Cd's. 
 3a.Relatives will stay at the Quality Inn.  (that was just too easy)
4. An outdoor fireplace, fire pit, fire dance pit, fireworks stand, fire on the mountain song playing and a fireman calendar.  Kind of ran with that one.
5. A teenage, stand alone, mini house.  We have been warned.
6. An all white,  all glass garden room that houses the fabulous art people have given us over the years.  With a guy that dusts things.
7.  A sculpture garden for the many "Worrell" Shaman that we will buy. (www.billworrell.com
8.  A music/art studio.
9.  A chicken coop.
10. A man cave.  Whatever that is.
11. A house or a yurt.
12.  A wine cellar. (a woman cave).

We are up to about 500 thousand.  Now..what to do with the other mill?  Guess we need that for taxes.

For now I will go and curl up with my baseball dreaming boy, who thinks that living next to a park that is next to the school he goes to, is the most important real estate in the world.  Sweet dreams to you too.  With great hope that if we can not be neighbors someday, you will come and stay.  I will have the telescope ready for you.  Just fill out what you like to drink here____________.

You, actually, are our home.

11:55 pm Thursday April 21.







 

Comments

  1. Awww...love that last line, Tina.
    It's fun to dream isn't it? I dream of a cabin in the woods and all that goes with it. And I'm determined that someday....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give me a view of the ocean and I'm there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SO want a yurt! I have visions of having one in the backyard for me to give massage in. With a steam room. One day....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it bad that at my dream home there would be a hunky bartender / pool boy / gardener? He would only serve as inspiration for all the novels I would have time to write...David would love the help anyway!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your writing. You are magnificent at capturing the mood, painting a picture, and doing it all with passion and love. Thanks for reminding me to dream!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts