I Need

I need truth and beauty and love and joy and kindness.  I need love bigger than a mountain.  I need to dance a lot more.  I need to go running, even though my knees hurt after a block.  I need to write more songs.  I need a co-writer to help balance the doubts.  I need to believe all of the positive things that I read in all of those big, informative, self motivation books I have beside my bed.  I need a job.  A job that brings in large amounts of dough, doing what I love,  without sacrificing time with my family.  I need a new car.  Mine is still kickin', but I can tell she is getting pretty tired.  She kind of coughs when I start her on a cold morning. And she kind of moans when I turn on the heat or air or radio or windshield wipers or move the seats back or come to a complete stop at stop signs.   I need to not be afraid of the dentist.   I need to do more sit-ups.  I need less coffee this morning, because this is what is spewing out.   I have a bad case of the "I Needs".   Which is probably better than the "I Wants".  Which is much better than the "I Will Gets no matter Whats"... even if it forfeits all Universal rules of Love and Truth.  Not a healthy way to live, but nonetheless, some people live like that.  I need to judge less.

But kids, what I really need,  is a Treehouse.

Yes.  Most definitely a Treehouse.  

I don't necessarily need a treehouse in our back yard, here in the suburbs.  Because once you can see over the fence, it isn't really that moving.   I really do not want to see in other people's back yards.  Too much info there.  If one is to invest in a Treehouse, it should rise above the norm and bring one to a place of transcendence and longing for the answers to a complicated world.  Not a place of wondering what's in the neighbors shed that needs a guard dog.  I want to be closer to God or at least closer to a cloud.  Ok..well maybe a low,  low lying cloud.    Maybe in the clouds I will find another song to write.  I think that's where they come from.  

So there is a show on The Animal Planet channel called, Treehouse Masters.  It is officially my new favorite thing on TV.   It is light-hearted and beautiful.  It is a kind of reality show about a successful company out of Washington state, that travels the world, building tree houses for those who want to have a stunning place to live, work or rest..in the trees.   The owner's name is Pete Nelson.  He is like your very best friend's brother.  Someone who is unconventional in his thinking, supremely talented and humble.   He shows up, brings lightness and joy and then builds a badass house in the sky.   Luke and I stumbled upon  Treehouse Masters,  one Friday night, when Walt was on the road.  We were mesmerized.  Immediately we started dreaming of our perfect treehouse.  Luke actually had a really cool treehouse that Walt and our friend, Sam,  built for him when he was little.  Last year we decided to re-make it into a soju tent/potting shed/teeny tiny stage for teeny tiny concerts.  It served a fun purpose, while we still had a tree in the corner.  Unfortunately, we lost the big peach tree in the drought.  It was a  beautiful sight when it bloomed.  It was awesome when it bore peaches too.  Stone peaches.  I ate one...only after Luke's smart friend Kyle ate one.  He told me they only grew so big..and were not as sweet as Fredericksburg peaches.  I waited for about 3 minutes after Kyle ate one..just in case I had to call EMS..and then I tried one.  It was quite tart and tasty.  It was really fun to watch the kids climb and explore the shaded corner in our back yard, for a couple of years.  They could look right over the fence and keep me posted on the goings on with the neighbors too.  Maybe I paid them a small stipend to keep watch, but it was all for safety  and such.

So now I want..I mean, need, an adult version of a treehouse.  No big deal.  Just nice and plain and carefree-like.  Somewhere where I could hide out..I mean write.  It would only require a coffee pot, Moroccan lamps and a chaise lounge.  An alpaca rug and a fluffy blanket.  A chandelier and a mini bar.  A heater and an air conditioner.  A skylight and a telescope.  A mini vegetable garden and a smoothie maker.  A hot plate and a fireplace.  A record player and a mini Bose system.  A writing desk and a comfortable office chair.   A place for the dog and maybe a place for visitors.  A murphy bed and a clap on clap off lighting system.  A rotating disco ball and a lava lamp.  See, that's it.  Not too much to ask.  Oh..and a place to build it.  Maybe in Mason, Texas.  Ok..that's it.  Oh..and it has to have a great view of the Llano River.

Did I mention that Pete's treehouses usually start around 80 grand?  I better get that job I was needing.   But for now, I am going to visualize the perfect tree,  maybe sketch out a few rudimentary plans and post it on my dream board.  First I have to make a dream board.    Do dream boards work?  Or do we just have to work harder?  Maybe it's a combo of the two.  Maybe I will start a dream board business, to help fund my treehouse.   Then, when I have my treehouse, I can host dream board making weekends..  Oh the possibilities!!  In the meantime, I hope you will find Treehouse Masters on your TV sometime soon.  It is good for your tree loving spirit..unless of course, you are afraid of heights.  Then you might want to watch ice dancing instead.  Unless you are afraid of sequins.  Then I cannot help you.





Saturday Morning  February 8th, 2014    Sunshine for the 1st time in days.

* Fredericksburg, Texas has the best peaches, in the spring.  I might need some of those too.



Comments

Popular Posts