Miss You

hey suse.  I cannot believe it's been 2 months.  Been a running a lot lately, I guess.   Honestly...where went May?  Did we skip a May this year?  We are less than 2 weeks away from the 4th of July.  I'm still cleaning up Easter grass.  I have yet to get on my 2 month slim down for the big celebration out in Luckenbach.  Every year I swear I will wear a bikini top.  You know..the one that says Corona Mas Fina on it?  How could you forget.  How could I forget.  They will put it in my museum, if I ever become famous.  Here is the bikini that she never wore.  May it rest in pieces.

I love all of the diet stuff that comes up when you google, "Lose 20 pounds in 3 months".  Sensible advice usually.  "Exercise, eat healthy.  You have given yourself a worthy goal and plenty of time to achieve it."  Then a month will go by and I will google, "Lose 15 pounds in 2 months".  The advice trail kind of leads you down a different road.  This time they say one should walk more vigorously and cut out all white things.  "You might achieve your goal, but you do not want to put your body in starvation mode."  So that month whistles by and here we are staring at June 4th.  June frickin 4th and there is nare a pound to be lost.  So yes, I google, " Lose 10 pounds in a month".  This time it's like your least favorite teacher of all time yelling at you because you waited too long to get started on your final project.  "Cut out all things good.  You could have done this right.  You could have followed my directions and been just fine, but no.  You waited again until the last minute to get busy.  No alcohol, no sugar, no cheese, no cream in your precious coffee, no bread, no noodles, no rice.  No crackers, no steak, no pork chops.  You may eat broccoli and here is a recipe for nuts.  No beans either.  Salsa, yes.  No chip.  You are sorely screwed and you will look like you are indeed your actual age on your big day.  Good Luck.  And don't forget to do pilates, run, hot yoga, cold yoga, swim, weights, 440 sit ups and squats.  Then you will look ok."  Today I am googling the Beyonce 10 day cleanse.  That cayenne pepper and honey thing you drink.  I plan on looking like post baby Beyonce by July 4th.  Watch mama.  I can totally do this.  Right after I have a sippy of my cab.

I love many things.  I really love to walk.  I really love to write.  Why do I put those last on my list?  Crazy.  One feeds the other.  (now I am hungry because I said feed).   I love the feeling of walking for miles and talking to myself.  I am pretty entertaining in my own little universe up there.   Then I have a bevy of material to write about.  One feeds the other.  It's a mystery why I put them last.  We do this, don't we?  You love to dance.  You must dance.  You say, "I am going dancing, with or without you.  You are not going...well have a nice time watching The Turtle Man, because this girl is going OUT."  Then you find yourself asleep on the couch, with the 4th episode of Finding Bigfoot, playing in the background.  You love to go and hear music.  It inspires you to create.  You brought the kids to their 14 activities in the last 3 days.  You have called the sitter.  You are ready to go and your mom calls and wants to talk.  You stay and talk.  You missed your window.  You pay the sitter for her time.  You sit in the big fluffy, "I totally suck" chair.  You go and find the Easter candy you hid from yourself and then torture your self by stalking Facebook to see how much fun everyone is having at the concert you were supposed to go to.


I know!  I do this.  I do not know why.  I need a remedy.  I need more cow bell.   I need a boss of me to tell me to do things for me.  Because it's good for me and my family.


Today I helped my mom organize her closet.  She has a lot of beautiful clothes.  I love to help her, because I like to hear the stories that go with each and every single outfit.  All 700 of them.  (just kidding, mom.)   She is pretty good about letting go of the garments that are too old or do not fit well.  But what I love are the ones that she is saving for Hawaii.   They vary in size.  They vary in color.  They do not vary in pattern.  They all have big and wild floral prints.  I always found that amusing.  People buy floral print clothing to wear to Hawaii.  That apparently is the uniform one must have in order to exit the plane.  You must have bright plumeria all over and fuchsia capris.  You must have a big hat.  Either on your person or strapped to the carryon.   Gentleman, you will be charged extra if you do not have a Tiki on your vacation shirt.

My mom is planning her trip to Maui.  Probably not this year, maybe next year.  But the fact is, she sees something and buys it for her future trip.  Me?  I have an event that I actually do know the date and I buy an outfit at the Buccee's on the way.   How hard was it to go to an actual department store and try a few things on?   Probably a lot less camo at Macy's.

Taking care of ourselves is time consuming.   Writing is time consuming.  But so very good for my spirit.  It's vulnerable.  I have to edit and not drink too much wine when I write.  But I go to bed all floaty-like when I finish a talk with you.  Makes me feel worthy of the gift.  Makes me happy for awhile.

I hope you have a chance to do what you miss tomorrow.  It's calling you back.


Monday, June 23

11:50 PM

Feeling floaty now.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts