OK..I just brewed a strong cup of coffee..even though its 10:20 pm. (the time thingy that shows up after I post my blogs is never right) ( can't quite figure out how to change it yet) ( don't want you to think I'm lyin' to ya when I tell you that I am up late and it says 8:22 pm) (how many of these parenthesis can I get away with?)

SO guess what I am doing that I need a cup of coffee this late? I am not drinking my usual Becker Cab. My elixir of cheap that I think helps me with being creative... No friends, I am mainlining caffeine because I have yet to PACK. Not again. I have only known about this trip for 6 months. There it sits. That suitcase. Flipping me off in the center of the living room, once again. Luke is all packed. Walt is not, but he has an excuse. He has been working since January and can get away with throwing a few pair of jeans in a duffel bag and look all put together and really not think twice about the whole thing.

Oh sweet Jesus. I just had a sip of my coffee.. I kind of accidentally put Jameson in..and sugar and 1/2 and 1/2. Mothermary it's strong. And good. I am switching my muse. Jameson, not Becker. I am going to be like a true writer and drink the hard stuff. (well..with coffee, sugar and cream) Before I was just a blogger..but now, I consider myself an..an..artist. Oh how I wish you could come on over and pack for me. I would make you the best gd coffee drink in the world..and all you would have to do is magically place the exact clothing that I need for a plane ride, stop over, Michigan summer, baseball game, performance, hanging out and look cute clothes, running attire, sleeping at some one's house appropriate clothing, waking up at 2 am clothing and thinking about how your life is a complete disaster rooting around the kitchen for whiskey to dull the pain realizing that you are not in your own home having the police called for the disturbance and looking cute in jail clothes. I need this all done before Walt gets home from his gig.

He even called right before his gig and said that the dinner conversation was about me not packing until 11 pm.. so you have exactly 24 minutes to help me. My goal was to be packed today. That's it. To be packed. How did I let a full day..no wait..a full 6 months go by and not have a clue as of what to wear. How can this be? My mom even came over and said.."So I guess you are all packed?" She knew. My mother in law and my mom are packed for weeks ahead of time, just to go away for the weekend.

So we are going to Michigan for a visit and a sweet gig. (my mom says I should not tell people that we will be out of town..I said when this blog reaches the Oprah show, maybe then I will become less personal..but my guess is that all of you have a key anyway). (except my mom)

good coffee.

So I have been trying to lose 20 pounds in the last 2 days because I know that our friend Randy's girlfriend Mary is a killer chef. I have heard that she makes food that makes you cry. (like my cooking, but good). Randy is hosting a house concert in his garage. This is the cleanest, most beautiful garage you have ever seen. The floors are painted..the walls are painted..the ceiling is painted..it has TVs and cabinets and no oil stains. It has fans and flowers and I think a bar. And belly dancers. This is garage band heaven. So he is setting up around 60 chairs and a stage, for us to do a concert. Can't wait. Mary Kris is cooking. So for about 20 bucks you get a great meal, music and a cool way to spend a Saturday night. That is if I ever get packed.

I started my walk plan again. (a part of the 20 pound in 2 days weight loss plan and 1/2 marathon training) I am abusing my parenthesis privilege. I promise to hold back.

I know that it has been 100+ here..but I can not blame it all on the heat. I feel like such a slug. My friend Shelly said she ate her way through July..I think I must have too..because it is not not not fun getting back to it. It is really fun writing and drinking coffeewhiskeylovedream serum instead.

I race walked a marathon just 3 months ago. 3. I did not totally quit exercising, but I did cut down on my miles. I had a good finish. I promised that I would keep it up. But now here I am..dreading 3 miles. I just walked 26. This wicked thing called fun, staying up late, eating and adult beverages took over my life. I did not feel like getting up at the crack of 6 0r 7 or 8 to walk to avoid the heat and sneers from the summer school middle losers. So now I pay. I even loaded new songs on my precious ipod to keep me going. You know..Eye of the Tiger songs and shit like that. Chariots of Bourbon. Theme from Rocky (road).

I tried a new exercise at the Y. No, the Yoga Ho was not there on that particular day (past blog)..so I felt particularly adventurous. I got on the stair stepper thing. I just walked 26 miles in a little over 5 hours, remember? You know how long I lasted on the stair demon? 3 minutes. I was watching a baseball game on the TV..listening to my motivating music and sweating the toxins out. I thought for sure it was at least 20 minutes, 700 calories burned, 4 miles and 189 floors. no. 3 minutes, maybe a cracker burned, .2 miles and 5 floors. A baby could have done more than me.

I quit the Y.

So I figure the main reason that I still am not packed is because of the stair stepper. It failed to release the excess poundage that I mysteriously found and now my clothing does not fit as, lets say, like it did April 26th. So now it's 11:18 and I am ready for my next packing ritual. This is the time that I stand in my closet and stare down the clothes. Then I try them all on. Then I pack the same 2 black shirts and 2 pair of jeans that feel good. Then I throw in 15 other items that I will not wear. Then I throw in several pair of shoes to go with the odd outfits. Then I sit on my suitcase to close it and then fall into bed from exhaustion. See? exercise is good.

Summer Love. That's what I intended to write about tonight. Summer Love. Oh well. I guess we still have a few more days of summer left..maybe I'll get to that next week. I will find poetry and inspiration on my long, hot walks. Or I could find inspiration in the corner pub, now that I am a true artist.

Comments

  1. i look forward to your blog about summer love. please come home now. it's just weird when you guys are out of town for so long, i don't like it. please don't go anywhere ever again. -Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts