Grammys

Ok..well I am back from my Van of Silence.

I am over it. Really. My husband looooooooooooves the mv so much, it makes me happy. Makes me happy to see him happy. It was such a Divine intervention, the acquiring of this vehicle and all, it's hard to remain spoiled and bitter-like. In fact, it has been such a gift, that I feel kind of shitty about the mini-fit I had when it looked as if we would be the owners.

I still drive the other car though.

So..many things to talk about since I have fallen behind on my once a week writing assignments. I would ask for extra credit, but I am my own boss. What am I going to do..dock my pay? Suspend me? Make me go to bloggerdetention?

Feels a bit weird writing in the daylight. I usually have a beverage beside me to loosen up the language. (like I need that.) I usually write when Walt is on the road. Walt has been home lately..good for the family...no so good for late night writing. Late night sitting on the couch and watching a movie, has been the modus operandi. I hate that phrase..but I thought I would get it out of my system and never use it again. Like when I write my book..I will never use it. I only used it today because I watched a movie the other night..when Walt was indeed on the road...and I was on my way to the office..and decided to first flip through the channels for something to bitch..I mean write about. I landed on "Role Models". Holy mother, is it funny. I could not stop watching it. In fact, Walt and I watched it the week before..so you think I would just turn it off and work. But no. I laughed twice as hard because I actually knew what was coming. The movie is not for everyone. If you do not like cussing, sexual innuendos, a glimpse of a boobie, really wry humor and 13 year old (like for a 13 year old) jokes..do not watch it. I, on the other hand, love that stuff. One of my favorite movies of all time is "Nacho Libre". I know.. I am 45 (h.s) (for holy shit) (still can't believe that)..have several degrees and enjoy the arts. I like to think that I can hold an intelligent conversation with an educated collective. For some reason, I find that kind of humor really really funny. I do not like fart jokes or defecation jokes. I will not write that again ever, either..even in my book to be named later.

So all this to say, I sooo disliked The Grammy Awards on Sunday night. I know..a strange transition. The reason that I did not write my blog that evening, was not only because the movie of the year was on and sucked my creative energy out by the time it was over..but The Grammy Awards totally bummed me out. (they were on before the movie).

So.. I used to work at/for The Grammys. I worked there when they called it The Recording Academy. It was one of my teenage dreams to win a Grammy. I could see myself accepting the golden gramophone and thanking God and all of the little people who got me to where I was in life.

One night I had a dream that I was working for the Grammys. I am not joking when I say..thee NEXT day I...... waited on the new President of the Grammy's, Mike Green! I worked at a restaurant, close to the National Office. He came into the restaurant (remember? the one where we would wear costumes and act funny and sing for minimum wage?) to celebrate his move to California and the new position at The Recording Academy. He came in with his family and the Vice President's family, as well.

I did not know they had anything to do with The Grammys. In fact, I was just acting like I usually do when I would serve..and joked around by saying after Mike helped me pass a dish to his son..I said..."You are hired". They laughed and his son said, "He can't work here, he is the new president of The Grammys".

Well, I just about fell over. Last night I had a dream that I was in the office, interviewing for a job. And here he is. In my restaurant. At my table. On an early Sunday evening. My 1st table for the night. The "early bird" time of day, when we would usually wait on 80 year old folks from the "hotel" down the street.

I walked away looking kind of white and my friend said, " What is wrong with you?" I told him the story..he could not believe it..and walked right in and told the family about my strange coincidence.

Not only was I mortified that he did that, but now I have to continue serving them and act like it was no big deal.

Mike said to me.."Hey the guy in the construction outfit told us that you had a dream about working for me." "Yes sir, I did" I said in my nurse's outfit with steak sauce on the apron. "Well, it must be a sign..come on in tomorrow and we will have a talk."

"Thank YOU!! I will!!" Walk out, do not trip, do not spill on the VP. Leave gracefully. Faint.

I had an interview with The New President of The Grammys!!! One step closer to that little statue. One step closer to the big time. THIS was IT!!!

to be continued~

3:00pm Wed and Thurs. 2/3 & 2/4

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts