Just Finish

SO here we are!  Friday!

Did you Just Start anything this week..and continue to follow your own lead?    I'm not here to bug ya, but I just wanted to check and see if Just Starting something, followed by just starting something again the next day, etc..didn't lead you to 5 things you needed to finish.  Maybe I should have changed my blog to Just Finish.  In fact, we could have a whole T shirt full of Just's.

Just Start
Just Do It
Just Finish
Just Be

Maybe by now you are saying, Just shut it.   Just lay off.  Just back up from the computer and go back to your normal routine.  ie:  sleep.  I liked you better when you would just barely wake up, make breakfast,  wander aimlessly around the house and maybe think about writing.  Day after day.

I was thinking that perhaps some of you were feeling like me lately.  Needed to shake things up a bit.  Not the normal resolution-y way, but a real life check-in.  I didn't want to let a doctor or a lawyer or a teacher or a parent or a partner or a minister or a birthday or an accident or a concerning friend tell me that I needed to take a look at my life and get busy.

I signed up for a business make-over seminar online.  It's for folks who need to boost their sales, improve employee relations, get unstuck and take their work to the next level.  Our business is a strange little one.  We are most definitely in the people/art business.  Our product is ourselves, our music, songs and bringing joy, emotion and sometimes healing to our friends/fans.  We have CD's and various merchandise (well..we have CD's)..to sell and keep with your on your journey.   We are lucky everyday to be able to do what we do and make a living.  When it works, it is glorious.   I am sure that in your business, it's the same way.  I remember some days working at restaurants over the years, I felt that I was in the zone, making people happy and bringing home enough money to pay my rent and maybe buy some new boots.  It was satisfying and had meaning.  I was able to support myself and make some people smile in the process.   Same thing now..with out the baked potato.

I can take maybe 15 percent of what the successful business folks are teaching in this web series and apply it to our business.  One of the things that a gentleman said the other day was, "People ask me,  when do you have time to add anything new and different to your every day routine, to improve your business/life?"  He said, "If you know all of the names of the dancers on Dancing with the Stars, you have an extra hour to work on your business".   Ow-y.  I know all of the names and happenings of "Nashville".  I get mad if Luke is dragging his feet to go to bed..because I literally sit on the coffee table and don't move for a solid hour and stare at the screen.  I hate it.  I hate that I like it.  I am not even a TV person.  Especially soap operas.  But I think this show is really good.  But that is an hour that I could be practicing my guitar instead of watching people rise quickly to to the top of the music business chain without the hard work and toil it really takes.

My husband works so hard.  It's almost unfair for me to call it Our business.  He is the one who is on the road 200 nights a year.  I get to sing when it's convienient..and when it works best for our family.   My goal is to do whatever it takes to add a day of rest and rejuvenation to our family's routine.  If I can wake up at 5-6am, write a little blog that generates some fun interest..that might spark some work in the future, that will  maybe add joy to the world and maybe a buck or two to the savings jar.. my family might be able take a trip to the Llano river and Just Be..and come up with some new songs to add to our set list.  I know you are as sick of "Try Me" as I am.    I will do it.  So I might be bugging you with my incessant questions and quandaries here in the new year.  Feel free to bug me back.

Carry on.


Friday, January 17  6ish in the morn

Comments

  1. a few thoughts~
    bringing joy emotion and healing-yes, you most certainly bring it!
    never never tire of try me. or any of your joyful, emotional and healing anthems!
    all mothers know better than to believe your part in the business isn't the no.1 thing. the highest calling. and look at that boy! you're doing an awesome thing! the awesomest!! hug yourself. muaah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts