Christmas Eve

Good Morning Beauty,

It is a chilly day here is Central Texas. The wind is blowing all of the recycling out of the containers and filling the park with Gatorade bottles. Much of our Christmas that we had up outside is scattered all over the neighborhood..oh yeah..and ...my husband had his prize guitar stolen last night (after a gig). He is now heading downtown to sift through dumpsters to see if whomever took it, trashed it when they found out it was not redeemable for drugs or beer. Not a Christmas tradition that we hope to repeat.

Despite all of the drama of the night, I still feel great depth of Thankfulness for today. Luke is watching his 5th Sponge Bob of the day. I have 2 bathrooms to clean, dust, vacuum and get a few meals rolling..and go to Church by 2 pm. haha. This will be fun. BUT.. But..again, still grateful.

You see, back in October we had a gig up in Aledo Texas for our friend's 5th annual Parker County Pickin' Party. It was great fun. Kids and dogs and food and beer and dancing and laughing and joy and Live Oaks with white lights and Mystiqueros singing. Falalalallalalalaaa. Perfect night.

In the middle of it all the hosts featured 3 people who have changed my attitude hopefully for the rest of my life. Each year, the party benefits a charity. The attendees have a great time with live music and food and fun, but in return, a huge portion of the ticket goes to a worthy cause. This year is hit close to home. One of their very own found out that their 6 month old boy had a rare tumor...about a week or two before the party. This year the donations collected would go to the Rainey Family.

The little family got up on the beautiful outdoor stage, illumined by the twinkling lights. They talked about how their faith is getting them through this great sadness and how they believe that their baby boy, Walker will be healed.

Since then I have followed their journey with updates on:

www.caringbridge.org/visit/walkerrainey

My gift to you is for you to be reminded, after reading about Walker, how immensely Blessed we are everyday. BLESSED.

Love and thanks for reading my posts. I can not tell you how much it means to me that you actually take time out of your day to see what is happening in my world. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year and Peace be with YOU.

10:57 am Christmas Eve

Comments

  1. Hi Tina!!
    Merry Christmas to you, Walt and that super wonderful little guy Luke.. I wish y'all a New Year filled with Good Health, Prosperity, Happiness Love and "MUSIC" never let that stop.. Having had my wallet stolen, I can relate to the anguish of Walt's guitar..
    For those less fortunate than we, I pray they find strength and if possible a miracle.. With that in mind.. I give thanks for my wonderful family, to all that I have and enjoy, and to friends like you... God Bless you Love and Hugs Pat...
    Oh yes Thanks love how you share the special times in your life ...blogs are good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina miracles happen.
    A young friend, talented classical musician, last year was in a coma- the medics said he was going to die I had to drive his Grandpa to the hospital to meet the family there as he was due to die.
    Me and my wife sat at his bedside in Intensive care and prayed for a miracle of healing. I put a fleece out to the Lord which I am about to keep my part.
    He recovered a few days after he is now back at university and doing fine.
    The consultant said he had never seen anything like it in his career.
    Miracles do happen and God is Truly good.
    Prayed for miracles before and no outcome. But we need faith always.
    Peace to you all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Tina, just beautiful. Thank yo so much for letting us have a glimpse into the thoughts of your world. All of it helps to make us feel not so alone. Peace, G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cousin Heather here! I am following a caring bridge blog as well. Her name is Amy and has a very rare disorder. Her mom in another AF spouse and neighbor. I am trying to read your blog when I have the chance and really appreciate 'Love Wins'. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts