Leap Day

Well I started a post yesterday afternoon and realized after I shut down my computer,  because it was running slow, I had also just lost the beginnings of what might have been, a brilliant blog.  It was colorful, bright, fun and deep with wisdom.  It talked about the stunning sunsets lately and my connection with the Divine.  It felt transcendent yet down to earth.  I felt as if perhaps I was making a shift in my life.  I had a great clean day of eating, after months of BBQ.    I had already taken a great walk, done my sit-ups, push-ups and was planning on jumping rope for the first time in a year.  I had started my studies on The Liturgical Hours.  I felt empowered and ready.  I felt in love with the world.  I had songs floating around in my head ready to be birthed.  I had time in the afternoon to write.  It was quiet.  The dog was asleep and not chewing on the house.  Husband was at work.  Child was at school.  Laundry done.  I wrote,  then put my head down for a second to cleanse my brain of negative thoughts.  Then I fell alseep.  On our desk in the office.  Like in high school.  Drooling and all.  Remember seeing other friends bob and weave in History?  8am class..Today's subject:   The Magna Carta.  You felt your head slowly tilt back ..back..back then snap..you were awake.  For a minute there, although it felt like hours, you were jumping on a trampoline with really handsome firefighters.  That was me yesterday.  Sleeping, dreaming of various and sundry uniformed constabulary.  Then I woke up.  Then I went back to sleep. This time on the ground, in between the dog and the 15 pound weights I was going to lift soon.  I did not dream of peace officers this time.  I dreamt that I had to take a test I did not study for.  Then I had a dream that I had 20 tables to wait on.  Then I had a dream that I was sleeping on the ground and the kids would be home soon.  Wait!  That was true!  Wake up.  Get off the floor and look like you have been smart and efficient all day.  That was it.  Next thing I knew I was off and playing badminten, cooking dinner, driving to pet training, driving to baseball, driving home ..and nowhere was a clever and mysterious thought to be had for the rest of the evening.  You have to catch lightning when it strikes.  Is that the saying?  I would have created a new saying that would have changed the world, yesterday. 

So today I erased the might- could -have- been brilliance.  Instead my head is filled with confusion, dillusion, seclusion and stuff.  I could not think of another rhyme.  I could have yesterday.  But today, friends, I turned on the dreaded TV.  I turned on the big screen right in time to see "My Crazy Obsession".  It was just a commercial, but enough to instill damage until 2014.  I also saw a commercial for "Hillbilly Handfishing".  I am not making the shit up.  Next, "Doomsday Bunkers".  A show where you are screwed if you are ill prepared for the End Times.   This is all on the same string of commercials for shows Not to be Missed on TLC or maybe it was my favorite, Bravo.   All topped off with big news that Snookie is pregnant.  Who is God's name cares?  Snookie's pregnancy is big news?   End times for sure.  Maybe I will start building a bunker.  Then we can have a designer bunker show on TLC.

Funny how the days can change.    We were given an extra day this year.  Maybe I should have planned something spectacular!  I mean, an extra day!  We should have had a party.   I wish we could invent a do over day.  Maybe that's what Leap Day should be.  A do over day.  Like make-up work.   That one day or days when you were mean to someone or cut someone off or said something stupid and never said I'm sorry.  This would be the day you could do that.  Even if it happened 3 years ago and you were dreading seeing that person at the  next family reunion.  Today would be the day to call them and say, I am sorry for calling you a fat stoned loser at the family reunion in front of Aunt Marie.  I know she cut you out of the will after you cussed at me and threw polish sausage across the room and it hit her instead.  But today, all is even.  All is well.  Thank you for accepting my apology.  See?  Wouldn't that be better?  I will work on this for the next Leap Day in 2016.  I will not call my ex's tonight to experiment though.

I hope your day was full of peace and beauty and sunsets.  I hope you had a Leap Day party.  I hope you did not turn the TV on to the same station as I landed on.  I hope you sing yourself to sleep, knowing that you are loved.  I hope you dance.  I hope you dance well.  I hope you polka.  I hope you call someone and say you're sorry and not wait 4 years.  That was a stupid idea.  Don't listen to me next time.  Do it now.  You might not have a bunker and these might be the end times.  I am sorry I suggested you wait 4 years.  Do you forgive me?  Thank you, Bless you and goodnight. 


Wednesday, Feb. 29, 2012

11:34 pm

Comments

  1. I am all for a Leap Day party! :) Unfortunately, I let Leap Day slip by like it was just another mundane day...although it did start with a fabulous color and cut by my sister-in-law-to-be-in-2-days! :) I've been a little mad at the world lately and kinda had a wake-up call with this blog, so thank you for that!

    And I'm with you on "My Crazy Obsession"! Just the commercial alone was enough to send me flying to the porcelain god! Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heeeeehehehe! don't know how i missed reading this one two months ago, but i am so glad i found it TODAY! now i am smiling so big you'd think i was insane if you saw me. thank you, sweet thang!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts